Saturday, November 9, 2013


How is the fidelity of Marriage viewed in society? I think that many people view it as being unfaithful to your spouse by cheating on them or having a sexual relationship outside of the marriage. After discussing this topic in class this past week I believe that there are so many other ways that often over looked that someone could be unfaithful to their spouse. Things that are often over looked could be from not making your spouse a priority and putting other things first, spending more time with others and discussing with them problems you and your spouse may have, and there are many more. At the time they may not seem like a big deal but they can result in dishonesty and unfaithfulness. Married spouses need to be faithful to each other by being honest to each other, taking care of each other’s needs, and loving each other.

1 comment:

  1. I liked that you discussed that infidelity is not just physically cheating on ones spouse. What are some of the most common ways in which relatively good people can "cheat" on their spouse? I know from personal experience that infidelity is an extremely heavy burden. I witnessed my mother grieve over my fathers choices to abandon covenants and live another life with another woman. This was tragic yet so were his initial decisions to put gaining prestige in the medical field above my mother and siblings. Cleaving unto covenants will encourage greater understanding to cleave unto our spouse. How can be best encourage clear boundaries in the courting process to encourage healthy marriages?

    ReplyDelete